Saturday, February 4, 2012

Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resrouces


Trying to contact two professionals and establish communication was harder than I thought. I have continuously sent emails from our resource list that was given to us. A lot of email addresses were not working. After a long disappointing search I came up empty handed. I have come to the realization choosing the alternate assignment. 

During my undergrad I took some Early Childhood classes and one organization was always a topic of conversation.  The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) http://www.naeyc.org, this organization has been around since 1926.  We never talked about this organization in a whole and I’m curious of everything it offers.

I would like to know if anyone has contacted any professionals overseas.  If you were able to connect with anyone, can you please give me any suggestions how?

4 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I am also doing the alternative assignment. Sorry I don't have any suggestions as to how to contact someone.

    I am interested in the NAEYC. I look forward to reading your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vennetta,

    I commend you for continuously attempting to contact professionals oversees before proceeding to do the alternate assignment. I can not understand why at least one professional did not respond back. None the less, NAEYC is an outstanding organization. I also became familiar with NAEYC during undergraduate and with my current job position. You will enjoy reading and learning more about this organization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vennetta,

    Through-out my early childhood journey the National Association for the Education of Young Children website and conferences have been a great help in helping me to understand early childhood. Actually, that is one of the reasons I selected Walden's Child Development program to complete for bachelor degree. I chose this university because it encompasses the values and standards set forth by NAEYC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vennetta,

    I am sorry that you were not able to establish contacts with anyone. It might be good though, because you can now concentrate on the NAEYC. This organization provides excellent resources for teachers and parents, and I look forward to seeing what else you will learn from your research!

    ReplyDelete