Saturday, January 14, 2012

Web Resources

The web organization I chose is The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)

This organization works on behalf of young children.  Naeyc focuses on high-quality early childhood education programs and make sure Day Care Centers maintain these standards.  They also offer training, professional resources and created a outstanding curriculum with high standards.



After viewing this website I have noticed that they provide a lot of resources. Even though you have to pay dues to be a member, they still allow people like me and you access to their resources.

When I was on the NAEYC website I typed in Diversity and a lot of information came up here is the link to view.

When I open my daycare I will consider NAEYC and becoming a member of such a great organization


 
Accreditation of Higher Education Programs
The NAEYC Professional Preparation Standards describe what early childhood professionals are expected to know and be able to do, defining essential learning outcomes in professional preparation and development programs and creating a shared national vision of excellence. These standards provide a national framework for the development of curriculum, instruction, and assessment in professional development and preparation programs.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Vendetta,
    I love your blog, thank you for sharing the NAEYC. I am an avid member of this organization and our local affiliate. And yes, you have to pay membership, but it is worth every penny as they help us stay abreast of the news, current research on the field, professional development and advocacy opportunities, and much more. I encourage you to join because the organization keeps us connected to professional who share our love and dedication for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading this article in my last class, and I liked the suggestions that were given. I was tempted to go to the NAEYC's conference that they had last year. It seemed like a great place to gain information from people that have been educators for a long time. I look forward to reading more on your blog!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete